Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Why I Still Love Oracle [Fool.com: Commentary] March 28, 2006

Why I Still Love Oracle [Fool.com: Commentary] March 28, 2006: "Here's the bottom line: Besides Microsoft, Oracle is the only firm on the planet that can offer a business every kind of software it needs to run a business. Microsoft's legacy, however, is in small-business software, and it has plenty else to worry about right now. That leaves our cash-generating giant locked in a head-to-head battle with SAP, but with a CEO whose penchant for winning is best described as admirable.
Am I worried about the declining database revenue? Yes. Do I think SAP could harm Oracle? No question. But do I think Oracle has the wrong strategy? No, it most definitely does not. Lower revenues may result in the short term, to be sure. But long-term, Oracle is as sturdy a business as there is in tech. And I'm still willing to bet my portfolio on it."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?