Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

AMR Research: SAPPHIRE �06: My 10 Takeaways

AMR Research: SAPPHIRE �06: My 10 Takeaways: "Last year�s SAPPHIRE conferences in Boston and Copenhagen brought a series of major announcements (Project Mendocino [now called Duet], hundreds of Enterprise Services, scores of new analytical applications, and rumors of �CRM On Demand�). By comparison, this week�s event in Orlando seemed far more low key. Sure, SAP acquired Frictionless Commerce and unveiled a new venture fund around NetWeaver (see below), but news around a �disruptive� product or technology was absent.
Instead, what we are seeing is the maturation of SAP�s strategy around business process platforms and enterprise service-oriented architecture (SOA). If I were an SAP customer, I�d find that very reassuring, particularly if I�m still wrestling with ERP instance consolidations, global rollouts, upgrades, or driving down my total cost of ownership."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?