Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Mon Blog: 2007, the birth of Fusion applications.

Mon Blog: 2007, the birth of Fusion applications.: "Two years ago when Oracle announced this, I was skeptical. I couldn't believe that it is possible to bring out an application suite that has the best features of Peoplesoft, JD Edwards, Oracle and of course Siebel which came in later, by 2008. I never doubted the technical expertise that Oracle has but it has always been the schedule that baffled me. I put this very question to John himself when he was here in Hyderabad a few months ago. He did not give me any plan or statistic but he just told me ' Heck, I do not care if you or Larry believe that the schedule is unrealistic. I believe that it can be done.' Talk about confidence huh!

Given that the fusion suite is going to include the best features of all the product lines and that it is going to be built on the next generation technology stack, I think its time I start blogging on the very definition of 'Fusion application'. I mean basic things like what does it look like, what will it be built on and how the offering is going to differentiate itself from SAP's products in the market."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?